Image Map

New Beginnings

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Blogging is a new adventure for me.  I love reading other people's blogs.  I enjoy following the teaching adventures of other great teachers out there.  There is always some new way to approach the same learning goals and it's fun to see how each teacher approaches these goals in his or her own way.  But after sneaking a peek into the classrooms of countless blogging educators out there, I decided that I could do this too.  I'm ready to share and hopefully show other teachers out there some ideas I've learned from the many, many amazing teachers and children I've worked with over the years. 

When I told my husband more than a year ago, that I wanted to start blogging and sharing my own experiences in the classroom, he was completely supportive (he always is).  He was ready to help me get started.  But with the pressures of working full time and being the parents of three amazing young children, it just never seem to happen and I let the idea go to the back of my mind.   Someday... maybe.  Not right now.

Soon the school year ended and sunny, schedule free days began. I knew that this was the perfect time for me to give this a go.  I had the time and now, I just had to figure out how to make this new adventure happen. I started creating things that other teachers might want to use in their own classrooms and blogging gives me the opportunity to share these ideas in the hopes that they might be helpful to someone else.

So here I go!  Welcome to First Little Lessons!



09 10